BREAKING: Jonathan, Dasuki absent in court over Metuh’s trial Read more: https://www.naij.com/1132052-breaking-jonathan-dasuki-absent-court-metuhs-trial.html#1132052
Former President Goodluck Jonathan and his ex-National Security Adviser (NSA), Sambo Dasuki were absent at court over Metuh's trial - Olisa Metuh is facing corruption charges leveled against him by the EFCC - The court had ordered the former president to appear before it on Wednesday as one of the witnesses to Metuh Former President Goodluck Jonathan and his ex-National Security Adviser (NSA), Sambo Dasuki were absent in court on Wednesday, October 25 as the hearing in the trial of a former national publicity secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Olisa Metuh, resumed before the Federal High Court in Abuja Punch reports that Jonathan’s absence from court could be because of inability of the court bailiff to serve him with the court’s subpoena on Tuesday, October 24. NAIJ.com gathered that the Department of State Service in whose custody Dasuki is detained has yet to produce the ex-NSA in court. READ ALSO: 257 stranded Nigerians return from Libya, land in Lagos The trial judge, Justice Okon Abang had announced in court on Tuesday, October 24, that he had, on Monday, October 23, issued a subpoena to be served on Jonathan. But a court registrar told the judge during the Tuesday’s proceedings that the court bailiff had yet to serve the former President with the subpoena. Also on Tuesday, the judge heard an application filed by Dasuki praying for an order setting setting aside the subpoena issued on him. But the judge, who fixed Wednesday (today) for his ruling on Dasuki’s motion, had ordered that both the ex-NSA must appear in court on Wednesday (today). The two men were summoned by the court upon an application by Metuh requesting that they be ordered to testify in his defence with respect to the sum of N400m which he was said to have received fraudulently from the Office of the NSA in 2014. PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 new app The court is now delivering ruling on Dasuki’s motion. Meanwhile, NAIJ.com had previously reported that former president Goodluck Jonathan, was ordered to appear before the Federal High Court in Abuja to testify as a witness in defence of a former national publicity secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Olisa Metuh. The EFCC stage a walk against corruption - on NAIJ.com TV Source: Naij.com Advertise with us Sponsored Links YOU MAY LIKE Casinos Will Hate You For Doing This but They Can’t Stop You Download Now | Slotomania App Born Between 1953 & 1979 With No Life Insurance? Read This Your Life Covered Life Insurance Quotes 30 Hilarious Animals Being Perfect Jerks IcePop Child Models Wanted in London - ages 3-12 UK Models by Taboola THINK IT IS IMPORTANT? SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS! SHARE ON FACEBOOK SEND VIA EMAIL SEND ON WHATSAPP Advertise with us RECOMMENDED NEWS This song use style sweet, I no go lie - Davido says after listening to Peter Okoye’s new song Nnamdi Kanu is not in the custody of the military - FG opens up on IPOB leader's whereabouts DJ Cuppy shows off her billionaire dad, talks about her new single (photo) I’ve ordered Jonathan to appear in court Wednesday - Judge SUBSCRIBE NOW TO GET NEWS EVERY DAY FROM NAIJ.COM TAGS: Chief Olisa Metuh Lagos State News Today Corruption Charges Dasuki Sambo Former President Jonathan’S Administration HOT: Nigerian men WAEC result Damola Olatunji Top ten richest musician in Nigeria Richest Igbo man Nigeria Advertise with us RELATED NEWS PDP holds national convention December 9 to elect national chairman, others PDP holds national convention December 9 to elect national chairman, others Breaking: President Buhari postpones FEC meeting Breaking: President Buhari postpones FEC meeting Maina: You are demystifying the phenomenal brand called Muhammadu Buhari - Concerned Buharist writes open letter to president Maina: You are demystifying the phenomenal brand called Muhammadu Buhari - Concerned Buharist writes open letter to president Jubilation as Nigerian troops deliver lethal blow against Boko Haram insurgents in Borno, kill 11 and rescue 85 hostages (photos) Jubilation as Nigerian troops deliver lethal blow against Boko Haram insurgents in Borno, kill 11 and rescue 85 hostages (photos) Despite EFCC saga, associates celebrate Patience Jonathan at 52 Despite EFCC saga, associates celebrate Patience Jonathan at 52 See moment 257 stranded Nigerians in Libya returned to Lagos in a chartered aircraft (photos) See moment 257 stranded Nigerians in Libya returned to Lagos in a chartered aircraft (photos) Maina’s recall discloses disjointed state of government -Shehu Sani Maina’s recall discloses disjointed state of government -Shehu Sani Davido shares his thoughts on Peter Okoye’s new song Author: Abisola Alawode UPDATED: 17 HOURS AGO VIEWS: 22194 Category: News SHARE ON FACEBOOK SEND VIA EMAIL SEND ON WHATSAPP SHARE ON FACEBOOK SEND VIA EMAIL SEND ON WHATSAPP - Davido has shared his thoughts on Peter Okoye’s new song - He declared his love for the track - The song by Peter is currently trending online It’s been four days since Peter Okoye officially started his solo career with the release of his debut song titled Cool It Down. Since then, he has been receiving plaudits. In fact, the song is currently number 1 amongst the trending videos on YouTube and it has over 370,000 views as at the time of writing this story. One person who seems to really like the song is popular musician Davido and he took to his Snapchat account to detail his love for the track. “This song wan use style sweet.. Can’t lie,” he wrote. See his post below: READ ALSO: Kate Henshaw finds Nigerian bride who looks so much like her This is coming after Davido performed for the king of Benin. After his performance he wrote about how his mother would have been proud of him. PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android and read the best news about Nigeria Will you support WIZKID if he decides to run as Nigeria's President in 2019? on NAIJ.com TV. Source: Entertainment.naij.com READ MORE THINK IT IS IMPORTANT? SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS! SHARE ON FACEBOOK SEND VIA EMAIL SEND ON WHATSAPP SUBSCRIBE NOW TO GET NEWS EVERY DAY FROM NAIJ.COM TAGS: Davido Peter Okoye And Lola Peter Okoye Girlfriend Peter Okoye Of Psquare Peter Okoye Solo Performance HOT: How to migrate to MTN beta talk Nkem Owoh Uniben cut off mark Damola Olatunji Dija Nnamdi Kanu is not in the custody of the Nigerian military - Federal government Author: Adeola Opeyemi UPDATED: A DAY AGO VIEWS: 138091 Category: Local news SHARE ON FACEBOOK SEND VIA EMAIL SEND ON WHATSAPP SHARE ON FACEBOOK SEND VIA EMAIL SEND ON WHATSAPP - The federal government has denied the allegations that Nnamdi Kanu is in the Nigerian military's custody - The government denied allegations that Kanu is locked up in any custody of its security operatives - It accused Senator Abaribe, who stood as Kanu's surety in court, of hiding him from law The federal government of Nigeria has accused Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe of hiding the leader of the Indigenous people of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, from justice. The government denied that Kanu is in the Nigerian army's custody or any other security operatives custody. Recall that NAIJ.com previously reported that Senator Abaribe, representing Abia south senatorial district prayed to the Federal High Court in Abuja to relieve him of his duty as one of Kanu's sureties. READ ALSO: Dogara traces beginning of his success to donating 6 months’ salary to Covenant University The federal government in a counter-affidavit and written address filed before the court to counter Abaribe's request said that the senator knows exactly where to finding the missing defendant, Kanu. The affidavit stated that Abaribe was aware that Kanu “has long violated the bail conditions handed down by this honourable court” on April 24, 2017 before September 11 when he claimed to have lost contact with the defendant. It stated: “That it was at this point at violating the conditions at the bail that the senator surety ought to surrender the 1st defendant and or bring up this application; "That this application is belated and ill-timed; “The applicant failed to apply to the court timeously, stating on oath that the defendant bound by recognizance to appear before this court had violated the bail condition given by this court.” The prosecuting counsel, Shuaibu Labaran, argued in the written address that Abaribe “failed woefully” by allegedly aiding and abetting Kanu to flout his bail conditions. In a written address from Labaran, he argued that Abaribe was guilty of aiding and abetting Kanu. The written address read: “My lord, the surety has failed woefully to abide by the terms of the contract he entered into with this court and therefore cannot claim frustration. “My lord, we urge that the court hold, that surety having refused to do what he ought to have done pursuant to section 174 of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act 2015 aided and abetted the 1st defendant in the flouting of the bail conditions of this court and should forfeit the bond he entered into.”
Nwadike Onyinye
Comments
Post a Comment